NEET 2019 UG Exam For MBBS & BDS Admission
From the year 2019 National Testing Agency (NTA) will conduct the NEET examination for all the medical aspirants. The NEET 2019 or the National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test is considered the biggest admission examination to fulfill the medical and dental studies dream of students in India. CBSE introduces NEET in the year 2016. It replaced AIPMT which was conducted earlier to fit the best medical and dental students in the country.
Now, NTA will be conducting the NEET examination twice a year. One is in the month of February and another during May. There are a major alteration in the examination pattern too. This change is expected to welcome a huge number of applicants for the NEET examination in the year 2019.
It is expected that at least 13 lakh candidates will apply for the NEET exam for both the conducted session. The NEET 2019 has estimated to offer 90,000 MBBS and BDS seats to the aspiring candidates in India. This excludes AIIMS and JIPMER. The aspiring students taking NEET examination can get admission to medical, dental, and AYUSH courses in India excluding AIIMS and JIPMER.
What are the new changes in NEET 2019 Admission?
- For the year 2019, NEET is conducted by NTA and not CBSE.
- NEET examination will be held twice a year, one in the month of February and another in May.
- From the year 2019, NEET examination will be conducted only through online mode. It is a totally computer-based exam.
- Now, the students from rural areas can also take NEET examination, practice centres will be set up by the NTA so that no student is left out.
- The practice centres remain open for all the candidates. The students can access the facility free of cost and can practice well for the upcoming examination.
- It is optional for the NEET aspirant to appear either in one or both the exam. It is not mandatory for them to appear on both the exam.
- One session of NEET will be held on February and another in May. Each session consists of eight sittings and candidate can easily select the desired exam date and slot.
- In order to equalize the score for both the session, a standardization technique is followed. A psychometric method is adopted and in order to get the admission, the better score from both the exam will be considered a final score.
- There is no change in the NEET syllabus, fees or the language for the upcoming NEET 2019 examination.
- NEET exam makes use of highly robust IT software and encryption techniques to ensure the right delivery of tests without any issues.
NEET Age Eligibility Criteria 2019
- It is must for all the aspiring candidates to be at least 17 years of age as on December 31, 2019.
- Candidates above the age of 25 years on May 7, 2019, will not be liable for the exam.
NEET Important Dates 2019
The students are required to register from October 1 – October 10, 2018, for the NEET 2019 February examination. The second week of March 2019 is finalized as the registration date for the May session. The aspiring students can expect the results by the first week of March 2019.
The February session will have an examination date from February 2 – February 17, 2019 with 8 different sittings. The aspirants can select the one as per their need. May 12 – May 26, 2019, is finalized as the date for the NEET 2019 May examination. The results will be declared by the first week of June 2019.