Will NEET 2019 Conduct Twice In Year by NTA?
Every year students enthusiastically participate in the NEET examination to fulfill their medical dreams. NEET examination is conducted each year for the admission of students for the undergraduate medical courses across the country. NEET and JEET Main examination was conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) for medical and engineering courses respectively.
But from the coming year i.e. 2019 students have to face some major changes. The National Test Agency (NTA) is said to conduct the examination for NEET and JEE Main. Introduction of NTA is the new thing for all the students. Those students who are appearing for the NEET in 2019 will have one question in mind What will be the changes in NEET 2019 conducted by NTA ?
The National Testing Agency (NTA ) will be conducting the NEET Examination and there would be notable changes in the examination pattern. Here are all the details which you must be aware of.
Changes made by the NTA
NTA has taken over the examination conducted by CBSE. The examination pattern will see some changes, the examination will be conducted twice in a year. Hence, form next year onwards NEET exam is conducted twice a year and in online mode. It could be a little tough for the state board students as they are taught differently from the CBSE board. The NEET examination conducted by CBSE has the syllabus from CBSE Class 11 and Class 12 syllabus.
Impact on the students
The NTA will start the conducting the NEET examination twice a year from 2019. Since the examination is conducted twice a year, students can prepare well with all their heart. Earlier NEET was conducted only once a year so if the candidates were not able to secure good grades they had to drop the year in order to give the examination.
Now, NTA conducts the examination twice a year hence students have a sigh of relief. As soon as the 12 broad examinations are completed, NEET exam starts conducted within a few days. It was very stressful for the students to perform well. But, in the case of NTA students can take the exam second time without wasting or dropping the entire year.
It is expected to see changes in the overall syllabus of NEET. This is to address the issue for all the students who are appearing for the NEET examination from different state boards. Earlier NEET examination has questions on the basis of syllabus of class 11 and class 12 as prescribed by CBSE but now NTA will plan syllabus which suits the need of all the students in India from a different board.
Highlights about the NEET examination conducted by NTA from 2019
- NEET exam will be held twice a year, 1 in the month of February and another one in May.
- The candidates can choose these examination dates and it will be held in multiple sittings.
- The NEET exam is conducted in online mode.
- The examination pattern and exam fee remain the same.
- The exam held on February will have an online submission of application form from 1st of October 2018 to 31st October 2018.
- For the second NEET exam, the online submission of application forms is from 2nd week of March 2019. The exams will be held in May.
- It is not mandatory to give both the examination.
- If candidates have attended both the NEET examination, the best score among the two exams will be considered during the admission process.
Earlier it was the CBSE board which was conducting the major examination. NTA will now reliever CBSE and take over the NEET and JEE Main.