NEET 2019 Eligibility Criteria
Almost every mathematics and biology aspirant want to become a medical professional. Among all the professions medical profession has a huge number of aspirants from India. Students dedicatedly study and wish to clear the NEET competitive examination. In order to take the admission in MBBS and BDS medical courses, it is must for the students to clear the NEET examination.
For the year 2019 NEET application process will happen twice a year one in February and another one in May. If you wish to appear for the NEET 2019 exam here are the eligibility criteria.
- It is must for all the aspiring candidates to secure passing mark in the 12th board examination. They must have appeared in the class of 12th from any recognized board.
- The age limit of the aspiring candidate should be not less than 17 years. The maximum age limit to appear for NEET is 25 years for general candidates. For the SC/ST students, the maximum age limit is 30 years.
- The qualification is 50 % for general category students. It is 45% for PWD and 40% for the SC, ST & OBC students.
- The students can give any number of attempts within their age limit.
- All the India citizen, NRI, OCI, PIO and Foreign National are eligible to apply for the NEET exam.
Educational Qualification NEET
Before applying for the NEET 2019 exam it is must for every candidate to check for eligibility in terms of academic qualification. Here are the education criteria’s which should be considered.
- All the students appearing for class 12th examination are eligible to fill the application form. If students don’t qualify in class 12th exam their candidature will be rejected.
- It is must for the aspiring candidates to appear the 12th class examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English as core subjects.
- Aspiring candidates with Intermediate or Pre-degree exam in science offered by central or state board with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English are also eligible.
- Candidates with passing grades in the pre-professional or pre-medical exam with Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English as a core subject are accepted. It is must for them to complete the Higher Secondary examination in order to appear for NEET.
- Students pursuing the 3 year degree program from a recognized university with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
- Aspiring candidates who have secured qualified grades from recognized Indian University in B.Sc with minimum 2 subjects from Physics, Chemistry, and Biology. It is must for the candidate to clear all the examinations.
- Qualified aspirants of class 12th from National Institute for Open Schooling and State level Open Schools. They must have Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English as core subjects.
Qualifying Marks for NEET 2019
- It is must for the aspiring candidates to secure qualifying marks in English, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology individually.
- The general category candidates should score a minimum of 50 % in physics, Chemistry, and Biology in class 12 exam as aggregates.
- The SC, ST and OBC categories students should score at least 40% in aggregate in class 12 exam in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
- The aspiring candidates with physical disability in lower limbs have a passing percentage of 45% marks for general categories and 40% marks for SC/ST candidates.
Number of Attempts for NEET 2019
Earlier CBSE had only maximum 3 attends to appear for NEET exam. Now the aspiring candidates can appear for the exam within the prescribed age limit. There is no specific limit in a number of attempts. The general candidates can appear maximum 9 times whereas SC, ST and OBC candidates can give the examination for maximum 14 times.
Neet 2019 Syllabus Neet 2019 Application Form